The TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition Closes tomorrow May 22nd, details below, please follow the links to the TLC site for details and conditions.
This is the final week to submit your previously unpublished fiction/non-fiction to the TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition as part of the Summer Digital Book Party on June 5th. Four finalists will be selected to live-pitch to a panel of literary agents at the event, alongside a packed programme including key industry insights from Nielsen Book Research, and presentations from book industry representatives at the cutting edge of digital innovation including Audible, HarperCollins, The Pigeonhole and NetGalley.
The TLC Pen Factor Writing Competition is open exclusively to Book Party ticket-holders. Day tickets (3pm-9pm) are almost sold out so book now for access to the full programme, or order an evening-only ticket (6pm-9pm) to attend the live-pitch, an ebook marketing keynote by Chris McCrudden, and the networking party.
TLC Pen Factor 2015 prizes include:
- 2x places on an Urban Writers’ Retreat one-day retreat: time to write, in a bright studio space, with no distractions. Lunch provided
- One-hour web surgery with The Curved House: a valuable one-on-one surgery to help you strategise your online presence as a writer across platforms
- Byte the Book membership: one year’s free entry to Byte the Book’s popular salon-style events at the Groucho Club
- Byte the Book digital consultancy: strategic, commercially focused support to help you think about your writing within the bigger picture of its target market
- TLC manuscript assessment and talent support: professional in-depth critique of your work by a TLC editor, and support from our in-house team and Quality Liaison Officer
- TLC Industry Day with an editor and agent: entry to our Industry Day, held exclusively for Chapter and Verse mentees, including a panel discussion and the opportunity to pitch your work, and top tips on presenting yourself to agents
- TLC Showcase: the opportunity to showcase your work on the TLC website
- Don’t forget, TLC clients and Byte the Book members are entitled to 50% discounts on tickets (applied automatically at checkout, or please let the Box Office at point of booking).
Book online now for a day-ticket from just £60, or an evening-only ticket from just £35, or call the Box Office on 020 7324 2570.